Penguin's Ponderings
Thoughts, dreams, and events in the life
of Dawn (aka dpenguin)
Check back at least every other day :)

Friday, March 26, 2004
 
Yikes! What a dream!
Just woke up from an awful dream. Dreamed we went in a 15-passenger van to get a load of something (don't remember what) and after driving down the road a quarter to a half mile, Robby asked, "Where's Nate?"
The kids in the back just kind of shrugged. I said, "Rae, can you see if he's on the back of the van?"
She kind of looked out the back window and shrugged again.
It was like they really didn't care.
Then, I saw something lying in the road in the middle lane. I yelled for Robby to turn around. He continued on, like he usually does, as if waiting for "the perfect turnaround" spot. I screamed, "NOW! Turn around NOW!"
He couldn't because there were cars coming so he stopped the van and we ran back.
It was Nate.
(---here's where it gets WEIRD---)
We weren't sure what to do; there wasn't an emergency type place or vehicle nearby. Robby picked him up and he was convulsing. I stroked his head, not knowing what to do, and was crying out to God to heal my baby. Then he stopped convulsing, lay still for a moment, then curled into my arms and began PURRING. We decided to take him home, figuring he would be ok as a cat... though I knew that ok, sure we had a cat, but we lost a CHILD! But after putting him to bed, when I was telling Rae good night (at the other end of the same bed), he looked up and said, "Mama?" OH! I was SO full of joy that my baby was back!! He crawled down to the bottom of the bed, on the other side from Rae, and I cuddled him for a minute, then he began to complain about his neck hurting, and couldn't get it to be comfortable, and then in a minute slipped back into being cat :(

The dream changed - I was outside, trying to get this big tree stump (which was not connected to the ground - I was picking up one side and rolling it... I don't know where I was headed with it. It was table-like, only the four corners were actually touching the ground). As I rolled it down the road, I heard someone yelling, "Look out! The plane is going to double back!" and when I looked up there was a plane that was being blown by wind backwards. The man next to me (seemed to be a man I used to work with) & I began to run, and he yelled, "Dawn! Use the table, get under it!" I did, and moved to one side so he could get under, too, but he didn't. From under the table, between the legs of the table, I watched the wheel of the plane go by. But I was safe.
-----------------
Then I woke up and looked at the clock, which said 11:00 (and we have the alarm set for 8:00) and sat up and said, "It isn't really 11:00, is it!" and Robby jumped up and said, "It probably is :-/" but when he came down to the living room, he saw that it was really about 6:20. Whew. So I fixed the clock in the bedroom, and came in and wrote this.
Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger



dpenguin's place - Table of Contents